These bonuses almost always come with a wagering requirement (we are looking into wagering requirements in detail further down) and that’s what differentiates a good bonus from a bad from a super good, from a super bad. If you find one without a wager requirement (and it’s not play money) it’s a super good bonus for sure.
As a rule of thumb, UK casinos offers a quite high amount compared to less fortunate countries. But the really high bonuses offered to people residing in the United Kingdom also, as a rule of thumb, comes with higher wagering requirements.
Non-sticky and parachute bonuses
Non-sticky bonuses, or parachute bonuses are becoming more and more common. These bonuses mean that you first play for your own deposited money and would you win whilst doing this, there’s no wagering requirements on the winnings. Once you have finished playing with your own fastest payout online casino canada money, you start playing using the bonus money instead. If you would win playing with the bonus money, however, they might be affected by a wagering requirement. The opposite of a non-sticky bonus or a parachute bonus is that both your deposited money and the bonus money gets added to the same wallet and the total amount is subject to the terms and the wagering requirement.
This is a trend we see coming more and more in the UK and various other markets as well. For you as a player, this is a very positive development.
- Bonus type. If you intend to use a match bonus, it is worth checking out whether the bonus is a so called non-sticky or a parachute bonus. If that’s the case, there’s almost no reason to say no to such bonus. Otherwise, check the points below.
- Wagering Requirements. When it comes to deposit bonuses we think wagering requirements are the second most important factor, followed by the rest of the terms. If it is a non-sticky bonus or a parachute bonus, this is not as important, but lower wagering requirements are always preferable. 35x is considered normal for a casino bonus.
- Matched percentage. It’s always interesting to see with how many percentages they will match your deposit. Usually, the higher the percentage the higher the wagering requirements will be.
- Matched amount. How much will they match? This is also something interesting to have a look at, and the same rule of thumb here – the more they match, the higher the wagering requirements will be.
What is Wagering Requirements and How Does it Work
So, there’s been a lot of talk about wagering requirements, but so far no further explanation. Now it’s time to get into a little more details about the wagering requirements.
The wagering requirements are the casino’s way to be able to give away a lot of money, without actually giving too much away. Let’s take an example with a 100% deposit bonus where you deposit ? 100. Wagering requirement x30 on the total amount
- After depositing you will have ? 200 to play for.
- The wagering requirement is x30. That means you have to wager a total of ? 6000 (200 times 30), it might sound like a lot and that’s because it is quite a lot.
- How do you wager? Let’s say you want to play slots, then you need to spin 6000 times with a coin value of ? 1 before you can withdraw your money.
- How is it possible to bet ? 6000 with ? 200? A normal slot game have an RTP (Return to player) of somewhere between 90-95%, some slot games goes as high as 97%. If the slot game were delivering a perfect average result you would lose 5 cents every time you bet ? 1 playing on a slot game with 95% RTP. But slot games are not designed that way, the volatility differs from quite high to a bit lower. So sometimes your bankroll might grow and sometimes it might go down. But every spin counts towards your wagering.